Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I wish to write a cross-platform application in Python. The question I have is this: How do I handle the Windows version? I'm going to use the PyObjC support built into Leopard's Xcode for the Mac OS X release. Should I use IronPython, wxPython, or some other Windows toolkit for Python development there? Also, I may decide to make a Linux version at some point - the big thing preventing me from doing that now is no easy way to test it.

stupidregister

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
Also, I may decide to make a Linux version at some point - the big thing preventing me from doing that now is no easy way to test it.

How is it any harder than testing it on any other platform? To me it seems even easier since Linux distributions usually have prebuilt live CDs available. You can use them to test software. This would allow you to test multiple OSs without even having to install any of them. And it could be done through a virtual machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.