Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
Leopard does not come with iPhoto. You either have a separate iLife installation disk, or it's on the disks that came with your computer. If the latter, just put the restore disk in and select the 'optional installs' item instead of the OS install.

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
Did you do a clean install? Did you have iLife to begin with? If the answer to both these questions is yes insert your original iLife install dvd, or if iLife came on your mac at time of purchase insert your old tiger install disc and reinstall iLife from the optional software bundles.

bntz313

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2007
yeah, I did a clean install. I did have ilife installed before I installed leopard

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
yeah, I did a clean install. I did have ilife installed before I installed leopard

I did a clean re-install of Tiger to "de-gunk" things and preserve the iLife and other applications that came on my macbook, then upgraded to leopard. There isn't another way to do a clean install of leopard and get iLife back on there that I was able to find.

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
I did a clean re-install of Tiger to "de-gunk" things and preserve the iLife and other applications that came on my macbook, then upgraded to leopard. There isn't another way to do a clean install of leopard and get iLife back on there that I was able to find.

yes there is... insert the os x install disc that came with the purchase of your computer and you can reinstall ilife from it... just click on install bundled software only... its much better to clean install leopard and then add ilife from tiger dvd... see picture

Attachments

• installdisc.jpg
    installdisc.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 136

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
yes there is... insert the os x install disc that came with the purchase of your computer and you can reinstall ilife from it... just click on install bundled software only... its much better to clean install leopard and then add ilife from tiger dvd... see picture

Tried it, and it specifically tells you that it won't install iLife, unless I completely screwed up.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
i had no such message or problem when i installed ilife06 from my tiger dvd on leopard

no kidding, man that would have been a lot easier. When I was doing it I got a message that said certain software would be installed, but not other software (like iLife). I'll have to try it out again later when I get home and see if I really am a total idiot ;)

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.