Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
I am thinking of getting an Apple TV is a week or two but I have one quick question first.

When will it be updat.. no only kidding!

How does it display seasons or series in TV Shows? On the old Front Row you selected a show then a season whilst with the new Front Row you just get ever episode dumped on the screen in no order.

So does Apple TV display like the old Front Row or the new one?

Thanks.

peeaanuut

macrumors 65816
Sep 10, 2007
Southern California
the apple displays like the new one. You get an entire show in one shot. However, you can minipulate a show by how you label it. If you set up the seasons and show numbers it will show newest on the top to oldest on the bottom. So for example. I have 7 seasons of the west wing on there. To watch season 1 episode 1, I have to go to the bottom of the list. There are ways to show the first season first with naming schemes and such, but I figure I can just scroll.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
the apple displays like the new one. You get an entire show in one shot. However, you can minipulate a show by how you label it. If you set up the seasons and show numbers it will show newest on the top to oldest on the bottom. So for example. I have 7 seasons of the west wing on there. To watch season 1 episode 1, I have to go to the bottom of the list. There are ways to show the first season first with naming schemes and such, but I figure I can just scroll.

Well that is really crap!

How difficult would it be to add another layer to the menu to make it so much intuitive to navigate. Thats really poor. :(

tronic72

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
Same as Leopard

I am thinking of getting an Apple TV is a week or two but I have one quick question first.

"So does Apple TV display like the old Front Row or the new one?"

By "new one" I I assume you mean Leopards Front Row?? The answer is the Apple TV is the same as the new Leopard Front Row.
:apple:

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
By "new one" I I assume you mean Leopards Front Row?? The answer is the Apple TV is the same as the new Leopard Front Row.
:apple:

Yeah, thats the one. I suppose I mean something like this; do you get:

TV Shows -> List of Shows -> List of seasons -> List of episodes

Or do you get:

TV Shows -> List of Shows -> List of episodes

Thanks

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Yeah, thats the one. I suppose I mean something like this; do you get:

TV Shows -> List of Shows -> List of seasons -> List of episodes

Or do you get:

TV Shows -> List of Shows -> List of episodes

Thanks

You get: TV Shows -> List of Shows -> List of episodes

Which is another ridiculous feature Apple as still not updated. It should list Season as a separate folder.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.