Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I have been working on making some MP3 discs and have moved a few files in Finder and noticed that the changes didn't show up in iTunes. Sometimes I just renames them and the name change didn't show up, other times I moved the file into a different directory and then the file goes AWOL in iTunes.

If I want to clean up some of the directories where iTunes stores its files is there a way to do it so it show up in iTunes?

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
This is normal - you have to make the changes from within iTunes for it to keep track of what changed.
How do I do that?

For example, I have a disc with a bunch of MP3 files on it and I have just dragged them off of the disc into the proper folder in Finder. Those files do not show up in iTunes. How can I get them to show up?

Lamont187

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
Big problems!

So i found an old iPod touch with all old music, but i have the new version of iTunes. Its not letting me put my music back on and I don't want to have to buy all that all over again. What do I do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.