Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lrodk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
I successfully copied my PC formated ipod library to my new imac 24" using Senuti. I deauthorized my PC itunes and plan on using the imac exclusively for the music. I need help in deciding what settings to keep on the PC formatted ipod in my imac itunes. Right now it's set to manually manage the catalogue for this ipod, which is what Senuti instructed me to do prior to the transfer in order to keep the library in-tact. Once the transfer was complete I unclicked the "Manually manage songs and playlists" tab and it warned me that doing so would erase the ipod and replace it with the existing library. Has anyone here done this? I'm afraid something will go wrong and in the worse case I'd loose the library that I copied. I also noticed there's a reformat option on the same page that would restore the ipod to it's factory settings and also erase everything on it. Is it safe to do either in order to get the ipod to synch with itunes in the same way it did on my pc? Should I do one or the other, or both in a certain sequence? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Luis

Luis

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
If you're planning on exclusively using your iPod with the iMac, you should probably reformat the iPod in Mac format. Otherwise you'll have to hook it up to your PC in order to do any software updates on it. Don't worry about losing the music...as long as it's been moved to your Mac, it won't be deleted by anything you do to your iPod.

lrodk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2007
Thank you so much. My iPod is now Mac formatted and is in the process of copying the existing library that I transferred to iTunes. I'm one happy camper.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.