Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bplarsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Hello I'm having an issue downloading podcast. Any podcast that I try and download ends up with the ! next to it. When I click to see why I was unable to download the podcast it says I don’t have access rights.(this is not exatly what the error message says I had to go to work but it is close) It is happening to all 7 of the podcast that I listen to I have unsubscribed to all of them and re subscribed to all of them. I’m also running iTunes 7.5 anyone have a clue why this would be happening???

bplarsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Not sure what you mean I have been able to download them in the past... This just started last Friday... How would I check to see if I had the rights... They are public podcast from the podcast directory.

motulist

macrumors 601
Dec 2, 2003
I've never tried to download podcasts before, but when I just tried right now, I too couldn't get them to download. All the 'subscribe' and 'get episode' links are grayed out for me.

bplarsen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
After 2 hours on the phone with apple I was able to get the issue resolved. It was a issue with the permisions on my iTune music file on my hard drive...

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Not sure what you mean I have been able to download them in the past... This just started last Friday... How would I check to see if I had the rights... They are public podcast from the podcast directory.

There's a folder on your hard drive where the downloaded files are stored, the issue must be with this...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.