Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I let my macbook die then didn't charge it for a few days and now the battery isn't recognized and I cant use the computer without it plugged in, I don't have a warranty so is there anyway I could jump the battery or something to get it going again:p?

Any way to fix this?

Cloudsurfer

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands
Sounds to me like you have a Core Duo MacBook, considering your warrenty ran out. It might be the infamous battery problem, which means your warrenty (at least regarding the battery) has been extended by one year. If the battery update does not solve the problem (just look for MacBook battery update on Google) you can bring your Book back to an Apple Store and they'll give you a new battery.

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Man, whats the deal with this? My friends brother just had the SAME exact thing happen to him. Poor kids in college. How the heck are you supposed to go mobile, when you need an outlet??

Apple gave him a new battery, but i would like to get to the root of the problem.

his was a mid 2007 Macbook black.

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
I went through 2 batteries which died completely in the same way while my MacBook was still under warranty (Apple replaced them, of course). The 3rd one still works, but has started losing power - spontaneous shutdown - when the battery got low rather than going to sleep. I've given up on Apple's batteries now and bought a TruPower battery from fastmac.com. Had this for a few weeks now and it is running great. Better than Apple's battery, AND cheaper!

Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
Talked to apple support today and they said im not under warenty and I would have to buy a new one, gah I really don't have they money to buy a new one right now.

Do you think if I took it into a Apple Store I would have a better chance of them just swapping out my battery?

viqas

macrumors member
May 24, 2006
Derka derka stan
Talked to apple support today and they said im not under warenty and I would have to buy a new one, gah I really don't have they money to buy a new one right now.

Do you think if I took it into a Apple Store I would have a better chance of them just swapping out my battery?

You would have a better chance at the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.