Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swearbymac07

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
Thanks to iFuntastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I opened iFuntastic and selected the appropriate firmware (1.1.4 + Upgrade) and clicked Exit Recovery Mode / Reboot Device. It downloaded something (although i think it didnt and my device is NOT jailbroken :D:D:D:D:D:D:D) then said 'Exiting recovery...' and 'Rebooting...' my iPod then showed up with 'Slide to Unlock' and everything was still there.

My symptoms were (before iFuntastic):

iTunes wouldn't recognize it

So i put it in DFU/Recover Mode, it wouldn't exit out of it!!!!!
So i used that.

Everybody....check for Apple Mobile Device Support on your Macs/PCs because if thats gone....reinstall iTunes and the Device Support because thats why it wouldnt work or Restore. Oh and btw........using iFuntastic prevented a restore. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Cheers All + Hope this helps anyone

i-heart-apple

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
iNdependence did the trick

I accidentally got myself in restore mode, so after trying iFuntastic, which didn't work for me (I have a jailbroke iphone).

I went back to google and I used iNdependence. Just launched the app and my phone automatically got out of restore mode. Didn't have to do anything. Thank god I didn't have to restore. :)

THANK YOU iNdependence!!!

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
You cannot get out of DFU mode: Once you're in DFU, you HAVE to restore.

DFU and Recovery mode are 2 different things. It's easy to get out of Recovery mode... you can use Ziphone for example to select "Normal Boot". Please don't confuse DFU mode with Recovery... it's different.

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

TheSpaz said:
You cannot get out of DFU mode: Once you're in DFU, you HAVE to restore.

DFU and Recovery mode are 2 different things. It's easy to get out of Recovery mode... you can use Ziphone for example to select "Normal Boot". Please don't confuse DFU mode with Recovery... it's different.

yep. Two diffrent animals.

And out of curosoity, if your iPod is not jailbroken, and this is not a hack, why the hacks section?

jdripper

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2008
Out of DFU

Yes, you can get out of DFU.

I'm really taking about DFU and not recovery mode.
(I've only tested on an iPhone and not a touch)

When in DFU, hold down the home button and the power button for about 10 seconds. If your phone is connected to your computer you'll hear a beep as when a USB device is disconnected.
Next just press the power button and your phone will startup at usual.

If you've just accidentally dropped into DFU and done nothing more, then the above will get you out.

If you're in DFU and mid-way through a failed restore, then you will need a complete iTunes restore to get you out.

pete100

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2007
It works - you can get out of recovery mode

When in DFU, hold down the home button and the power button for about 10 seconds. If your phone is connected to your computer you'll hear a beep as when a USB device is disconnected.

If you've just accidentally dropped into DFU and done nothing more, then the above will get you out.

If you're in DFU and mid-way through a failed restore, then you will need a complete iTunes restore to get you out.

I needed to use this as i had a problem with WinPwn . Thanks.

Pete

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK
My GF keeps getting her iPhone into DFU somehow, says she doesnt do anything :)

Ive tried what you said but it just restarts into DFU still. Does the phone have to be on or off? And is it best to have it plugged in to a computer (she doesnt have her laptop to hand atm)?

Thanks guys

itsALIVE

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2009
Thanks to iFuntastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I opened iFuntastic and selected the appropriate firmware (1.1.4 + Upgrade) and clicked Exit Recovery Mode / Reboot Device. It downloaded something (although i think it didnt and my device is NOT jailbroken :D:D:D:D:D:D:D) then said 'Exiting recovery...' and 'Rebooting...' my iPod then showed up with 'Slide to Unlock' and everything was still there.

My symptoms were (before iFuntastic):

iTunes wouldn't recognize it

So i put it in DFU/Recover Mode, it wouldn't exit out of it!!!!!
So i used that.

Everybody....check for Apple Mobile Device Support on your Macs/PCs because if thats gone....reinstall iTunes and the Device Support because thats why it wouldnt work or Restore. Oh and btw........using iFuntastic prevented a restore. :D:D:D:D:D:D

Cheers All + Hope this helps anyone

My late 08 macbook wont recognize my iphone and my iphone will not start up. I think its in DFU mode because I tried to jailbreak it with pwnage and not it wont respond. any suggestions would greatly be appreciated

robo33

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2009
dude if u accidentally enter DFU mode, all u need to do is:
-unplug ipod
-hold on/off button on top of ipod for over 10 seconds and ur fine -_-

xsouldeath

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
dude if u accidentally enter DFU mode, all u need to do is:
-unplug ipod
-hold on/off button on top of ipod for over 10 seconds and ur fine -_-

dude are you high? .. I tried that on iPod touch 2nd generation. Holding the power button did nothing. Once its in DFU mode.. I had to run redsnow
Luckily I have that redsn0w-win_0.7.2 and the iPod2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw handy firmware on my desktop
.. Jailbreak takes about 4 minutes.. After it says downloading jailbreak data, then you will see the apple icon and hear a DA-DA song.. Or whatever and it will
1) show apple icon
2) turn black/blue and be blank and about 30 .. Okay or maybe it will stay blank forever.. Since that's what its doing now SHOOT! Uh oh.

Um make that 8 minutes recovery time if you screw it up like me... HELP! :(

I saw an apple icon with a loading icon behind it.. Uh.. :( Not again!

Thecolt45

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2009
ive got the answers

Heres a way thats a 100 times easier. Download quickpwn 2.2 it can recognize your phone in recovery mode http://www.downloadtaxi.com/d/1246829657/

Plug your phone in follow the prompt that tells you to turn off the phone and when you hold the power button to turn it on, presto, out of recovery mode. Takes a whole minute and a half.

allbrokeup

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Lordy. Did anyone who posted here this year, actually read the start date of this thread? No bumping please, this came about when 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 were around, most of you who posted this year never had an iPod Touch or iPhone back then or you would have known that Apple allowed us to easily get out of DFU and Recovery Mode in 2.0.x+.

allbrokeup.

jutt588

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
how to get iphone and ipod touch out of dfu and recovery,

this would even jailbreak , unlock ,it will get u out of that annoying dfu mode and recovery mode!!! also this is by far the easiest way possible !!!.. all u have to do is google "blackra1n" find the download for it follow the instructions and then make it rain!!!!! this is veryyyyyy simple and honestly the longest part is probably the download !! with that said ! everyone good luck n enjoy!! jut

jpardue93

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2010

I got this to work on my 3G iTouch...thanks man! It pulled it out of DFU which I manually put it into.

thesoftwarenerd

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
:D:D
Heres a way thats a 100 times easier. Download quickpwn 2.2 it can recognize your phone in recovery mode http://www.downloadtaxi.com/d/1246829657/

Plug your phone in follow the prompt that tells you to turn off the phone and when you hold the power button to turn it on, presto, out of recovery mode. Takes a whole minute and a half.

Thx man, that made life so much easier after my phone froze while i was trying to update it.

mailme83s

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
:D:D

Thx man, that made life so much easier after my phone froze while i was trying to update it.

Hi,
I jailbreak my iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with spirit after reset it worked fine for few minutes and then went off. it is now completely off, I tried to reset it by holding power and home button together but no success.When I am restoring it with itunes it is giving this error" The iPhone couldn't be restored, the device is not eligible for buildup"
Please help I am stuck with this phone.
Regards

Sajad

iPhone 3GS : 3.1.3 : Windows 7.

kn3k0

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
Hey! I.ve tried to jailbreak my iphone 3gs 4.0.1 with redsn0w and after i got into dfu mode it said waiting for reboot but nothing happened so i had to get off from dfu mode so i can use my phone again, anyway what i've done and it worked, i've followed the steps for getting into dfu mode lol

1. hold down the power button for like 5 sec
2. keep holding the power button and press the home one for like 10 sec
3. release the power button but keep holding the home one till the apple logo appears

After i've done that my phone turned on like nothing happened. i;ve had all of my apps installed and stuff, i didnt had to restore or something...so...i hope this is gonna work for you too. ^^

And if you end up in recovery mode...just turn off and on your iphone. At least that worked for me...

lolfishy321

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2010
Okay, i'm stuck in recovery mode on my iPod touch 2g 4.0

When I restore, it restores but says that it can't connect to my ipod and my ipod's stuck on the 'connect to itunes' thing.

Is there any way i can jailbreak this to get out of recovery mode?

Itpjay

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010

yes thanks that worked but mabey you can help me cause i jailbroke my i pod 3.1.3 and i restored it but then it frose and not i dont know what to do please help

golden1974

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2010
Ipod stuck in restore mode - trying to jailbreak

Hi

I hope someone out there can help me...

I've got a ipod touch 2g, it's got a non functioning 'home' button... i've been trying to jailbreak it so I can download software to circumvent the use of this button...

I tried to use blackra1n and now it's stuck in the restore mode.

I've gone into itunes and tried to restore but it keeps coming up with this message 'Ipod could not be restored. This device isn't elligible for the requested build'.

I'm not sure what to do next..

I would really appreciate some help...

Thanks!!

tomy poster

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
dont work

i have a ipodtouch 2g 3.1.1
stuck on recovery mode, tried everything, when i mean everything
i mean everything, i have a mac
please help:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.