Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aqueelah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Hi,
I have a Mac ibook G4. I just gotten it a couple of months ago and loved it. It worked perfectly. Then all of a sudden it will not boot up. I have the adapter plugged in and the light is green but all I hear is what sounds like a air blowing. Can anyone help ????? PLEASE !!!!

Bman3221

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2008
Hi,
I have a Mac ibook G4. I just gotten it a couple of months ago and loved it. It worked perfectly. Then all of a sudden it will not boot up. I have the adapter plugged in and the light is green but all I hear is what sounds like a air blowing. Can anyone help ????? PLEASE !!!!

press the f2 button, maybe u turned off the screen

MacGeekDC

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Virginia
MacBook

If that doesnt work.....BUY A MACBOOK!!!!!! I had an iBook before my old 2.2GHz/160/2 BlackBook I can not tell how much better the MacBooks after useing two(i dont really like the Pros thou my brother had 1)

MacGeekDC

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Virginia
I No What It Is Now

wait i no what the problem is your hold the power botton to long jsut press it once and take it off holding resets something I had the same prob last year

Bman3221

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2008
If that doesnt work.....BUY A MACBOOK!!!!!! I had an iBook before my old 2.2GHz/160/2 BlackBook I can not tell how much better the MacBooks after useing two(i dont really like the Pros thou my brother had 1)

macbooks are too expensive. Most of the people i know at my college that have Macbooks are mainly because they got a student loan to get it...noone can afford it, especially a student. I have an ibook g4 and compared it to the macbooks at Best Buy, its the same thing, the macbook just runs alittle faster and able to hold more memory. Apple is always going to try to steal ur money by coming up with more innovative things and then improve the same product and make the products so u cant fix them urself. Like the iPods, iPhones, laptops, macbook Air. Id rather wait and then buy the macbook used at a cheaper price. Im fine with my ibook g4 for now.

aqueelah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 5, 2008
Come on you guys, I really wanted some help here. I tried the F2 button but that did not work. I tried just tapping the power button but that did not work. Are there any super dupper mac users that can help me??
I mean get a mac book I do realize that I can purchase another laptop and I will do that if my current ibook does not work.
thanks in advance.

LightDemon69

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2008
Levan, Utah
I found the solution!

Try pressing Apple Key+Option+Ctrl+Shift+Power button

it forces the computer to shut all the way down, no matter what. Then give it maybe 10 seconds, and try again. This happens to my iBook G4 sometimes, and this always does the trick. :)

zorba199

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2006
I hope you've been able to resolve the issue. If not, here's my contribution: the symtoms you describe could be the symptoms of a failing logicboard. You would have to describe exactly what happens while you start up(what screens appear, do you have the spinning wheel?). If it's the logicboard, it's bad news.
I had the same issue with my G4, it was a very well known and wide spread issue, in fact, there was so many G4 logicboards failing that people starting collecting signatures to take a class action suit against apple. I dont know the outcome of that, but I'm sure you can get more info if you google it(there also was a way to fix the logicboard by getting into it, at least short term).
Personally, after I had the issue(together with other issues and the fix didn't last) I sold my G4 on ebay for 150$.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.