Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dany M

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Earth
So for my b-day(yesterday:D) i got a nano and i am so glad, its perfect, i want to see video but the classic is to big for my needs and so...

After doing some research online i heard that the battery goes out before 2 years, and that it is really key to preserve your nano's battery so i am wondering, what can i do in order to make this battery last before i would have to replace it? Also does it just short out or is there a small decline in full charge>

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
In 2 years you will have 80% of your battery left. The batteries of the 1st thru 3rd Gen were notorious for failing due to the manufacturer, it has been fixed for the new ones.

TEG

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
This is NOT a concern. First of all, you're gonna want the newer better version in a few months. Secondly, my Video is 3 years old and I am still thoroughly pleased with the battery.

-Keep charge between 20-80% at all times
-If you use it down to 95% DO NOT plug it in just to get that 5% back
-Minimize playback below 20% battery life
-Use playlists to get more efficiency from the battery (the Nano likes to expect what songs it can play next
-Keep screen brightness low

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.