Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satyam90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Bangalore, India
Hi, I am having a NSTableView inside a panel. I implemented "- (void)tableViewSelectionDidChange:(NSNotification *)aNotification".
But I noticed that it is not called at all even though I am changing the table view's items. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? How to make the delegate called inside a Panel?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
So your table view is inside an NSPanel, and the tableViewSelectionDidChange: notification is not being called? Are you sure your delegate is properly setup? You could also try subscribing to the NSTableViewSelectionDidChangeNotification notification manually (especially if you're using bindings).

satyam90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Bangalore, India
Hi Kainjow,
I didn't set the delegate. I implemented "- (void)tableViewSelectionDidChangeNSNotification *)aNotification" in the controller of the panel.
Can you please some reference how to handle this.
Also can u tell me how to subscribe to notification manually.
Thanks & Regards,

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
tableViewSelectionDidChange: gets called only in 2 situations:

1) you set the NSTableView delegate
2) you added your class as an observer of the NSTableViewSelectionDidChangeNotification notification

So if you didn't do 1, you need to do 2:

Code:
- (void)awakeFromNib {
    [[NSNotificationCenter defaultCenter] addObserver:self
        selector:(tableViewSelectionDidChange:)
        name:NSTableViewSelectionDidChangeNotification
        object:myTableView];
}

- (void)tableViewSelectionDidChange:(NSNotification *)notification {
    // yay it changed
}

You will need an IBOutlet to your NSTableView.

satyam90

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 30, 2007
Bangalore, India
Hi Kainjow,
The second option is working fine but not the first one.
For first option, in IB, I selected table view control and then associated its delegate to my controller class where I implemented textDidChange. Do I have to include or change anything for that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.