Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoyX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
East Coast, USA
All I don't know if this belongs in the SW Category but it relates to my brand new Logitech Cordless Optical TrackMan. I have a G5 Dual and Panther. I bought this Trackball because it has a zillion (well 8 buttons actually) and I wanted to use it with Expose :) I installed the LCC and it worked until I went into the Expose control panel and tried to set the buttons for expose OS X thinks i have 32 buttons and NONE of them work!

Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks

macboyX

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Just to make sure you set it up right:

You went into the Logitech control panel, clicked on the popup menu to the right of the button you wanted to configure, selected "Advanced Click", then set the preference that appears below to a high-numbered button, say "Button 6". You then went to Expose, and set the Expose action under the Mouse section to "Button 6".

If you followed those steps, and you're clicking the button you set up, and nothing happens (but Expose still works with the f-keys), then I'm at a loss as to what would be wrong. You could try reinstalling the Logitech software (and make sure you have the newest version). Works just fine for me using an MX500 mouse, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.