Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
I have a 2GB black iPod Nano (1G). It works perfect but once I hold play/pause to shut it off, it will not come back on by pushing keys.

If I reset it (hold on/off, menu+center) then it turns on and works perfect...until the next time I hold play/pause to shut it off. Then it won't turn back on again unless it's reset. Even plugging it in doesn't get it to turn on...only resetting.

Here is what I have tried so far:
-Complete discharge/recharge
-Restore through iTunes
-Resetting the iPod
-Running diagnostic tests by holding previous+center while reboot. All tests passed.
-Opened iPod and checked battery voltage...battery is good.

I don't know what else to try. Any ideas? Hate to get rid of this thing when it works perfect other than turning on the right way.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
If I reset the iPod and get it to turn on, then plug it into the computer to charge and hold play/pause to turn it off, it WILL wake up and turn back on just by pressing any key.

Because it only does that while plugged in (computer's power), I think I will replace the battery and see if that helps.

If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

angila

macrumors newbie
Dec 21, 2010
It's quite strange but the battery was draining quickly before I did this at around 50% of remaining juice, and since then it's been draining very slowly indeed. I've no idea what the issue was.

Oh, and I also switched down the backlight about a notch or two. I think the PRAM reset might have reset the backlight optimisation, because I don't think it was happening previously.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.