Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
I could use a new set of headphones, and I'm toying with the idea of just buying a Product Red iPod Shuffle, since it's just $20 more than the cost of headphones.

But...I'd like iTunes to keep my synced Podcasts on both my 5.5G iPod and the shuffle. Does it do that, or do podcasts only sync with a single iPod?

Also, does the shuffle support playlists (probably a dumb question)? I actually use my podcasts in a playlist so that I only get the ones I want, can reorder them, and they keep playing in order rather than stopping after each one.

Another dumb question, does the shuffle remember where it stopped playing if that option is checked?
I think I'll actually start using the shuffle for when I'm working outside and the like-just stick it to me.

Alright, so this is all an excuse to get a new gadget :D

killmoms

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2003
Durham, NC
You can sync as many iPods to one music library as you want—it's syncing one iPod to multiple libraries that gets tricky.

The shuffle plays either in the order of the one playlist on it (doesn't do multiples, obviously, as there's no way to pick one) or that playlist shuffled.

Not sure about it remembering it's spot. I think if you just hit pause it will, but if you sync it, not sure.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks! Well that all sounds great (as long as hopefully it does remember where you are) :)

"I bought these headphones and they gave me this free iPod!" ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.