Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nashvegas10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
All,
Thanks in advance for any help. We are setting up a new company and making the change over from PC's to Mac's. I would like to explore some unified communications options that are available currently with some of the small business telephone platforms (Nortel Business Communication Manager 50 for example). Does anyone have any experience with integration of the Mac OS X server and a VoIP PBX?
Thanks again.

pismobrat

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2007
VoIP PBX

I would recommend moving off the Mac or even a windows system for the VoIP PBX.

Put a call through to Aruba Networks, though they are a WIFI company all of their hardware intergrates with VoIP PBX and other VoIP Standards and would provide a solid platform to build on.

http://www.arubanetworks.com

spikeinin

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2009
All of the hardware intergrates with VoIP PBX and other VoIP Standards of some WIFI company could runs on a MAC?

:)

assembled

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2009
London
For the obvious reason (1), virtually all PBX integration (CTI & UM etc) is designed for Windows. You can run some of the commercial applications under parallels and quite a few will also run under Citrix/Terminal services.

having said this, I don't class soft SIP phones as integrated components, because from my view they are just basic endpoints.

you can run HylaFAX on OS X, but if you want decent modem support then Linux is the way to go, there are however some decent OS X clients.

(1) the biggest users of integrated systems are call centers, and Apple is simply too expensive, and too small a market share for anyone to bother with.

petercarlos

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2012
Hello nashvegas,

Well answer to your question would be yes!! There are a lot of VoIP PBX providers who support mac os…my friends have mac pc’s nd they have actually tried some PBX VoIP services…I can suggest you some.. TheRealPBX, The ringcentral ,vPHONE..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.