Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thiagos

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
NYC (Manhattan)
Hello, I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue but I have my iMac in the same room as my AppleTV and everytime I use my AppleTV, my iMac activates the Front Row feature.
It is seriously driving me crazy, I have tried everything and I can't seem to fix this issue.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

harry454

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
hold menu, forward, on the remote for 6 seconds while pointing it at the iMac ;) hope it helps

JBmac

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
Eastern, PA
Hello, I am not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue but I have my iMac in the same room as my AppleTV and everytime I use my AppleTV, my iMac activates the Front Row feature.
It is seriously driving me crazy, I have tried everything and I can't seem to fix this issue.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, my Apple remotes were also working with my Air Conditioner. I had to put a piece of electrical tape over the ir sensor. I imagine you don't want to do that except as a last resort. Have you tried pairing the specific remotes with a specific device?

josha

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2010
Thanks

Thanks I followed the link and it worked!

iMac 21" i3, 500gb , iPad 64Gb, iPhone 3G S 32gb, Apple tv.... Saving for Air 13"

tc3jg

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2010
Ok I think I have the same problem but it didnt work for me. I have one of the new aluminum remotes that came with my apple TV. I would like to use it just for the tv so I paired it with the apple TV. Now the issue is the remote will work with the imac and the apple TV. I dont want it to work with the computer. So I tried to take my old white plastic iremote that came with my old macbook and pair it with the imac so that the imac didnt work off of the aluminum remote. That didnt work.

THe apple tv will only work off of the aluminum remote that it is paired with and will not work with the white remote which is what I want. But I want the imac to stop working with the apple tv remote and just work with the white remote or for that matter No remote would be fine. ideas?

MacHamster68

macrumors 68040
Sep 17, 2009
reminds me many years ago when i bought my very first wireless keyboard and mouse , it drove me insane , because as soon a my neighbour was starting to use HIS new mouse and keyboard my mouse went crazy jumping and clicking all over the place and the keyboard was writing without me even near it and he had the same problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.