Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

souldawg

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
I was planning on selling my iBook G4 to assist in buying a refurb MB, but might there be any advantages to hanging on to it?

The only thing I can think of is as an additional backup, but as it is only 60 GB, doesn't seem worth it.
iBook G4, 1.33, 640MB, 60 GB.

Any creative uses for it or is it best to sell? Opinions much welcome.

skye12

macrumors 65816
Nov 11, 2006
Austin, Tx
I recently sold mine just like yours for $250. But it would
be a good travel machine you wouldn't need to worry about.

jcoop

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Do you have another backup Mac? If not, I'd hang onto it--especially if there's any chance you might need to use Classic at some point (since it won't work on the MacBook).

souldawg

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
Do you have another backup Mac? If not, I'd hang onto it--especially if there's any chance you might need to use Classic at some point (since it won't work on the MacBook).

Hadn't thought of that. No, I don't have another backup Mac. This is making the decision much tougher.

CrzyCanuck72

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2003
if you can't think of a use for it, chances are there isn't one. Sell it and use the money towards a big external harddrive for backups.

jhawk2

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
One good thing is if you sell it for $250 people like me will buy it fast!:D

souldawg

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2008
However, reading how many faults people have had with Macbooks, perhaps it's good to hang on to it just in case the refurb cracks, has a faulty keyboard or develops any one of a number of problems. I think I'm loving the fact that however slow and small the memory is, at least my iBook is sturdy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.