Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
So my ATV has worked fine for a few months and just 2 weeks ago we added one to the bedroom....

so i get home today and the ATV in the living room says no content found... I check iTunes on my iMac and it shows just the ATV in the bedroom linked ?

I restart the computer and even unplug and reset the atv and it still is not showing up in iTunes... I am using the latest version of iTunes and the latest version for ATV.... nothing has been hacked and is all standard.

Also i can still access my .mac pics through the ATV .. very odd.. as well it connects to podcasts and youtube no problem ....

HELP !!!!

nnsa

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2008
No ATV in iTunes

any thoughts on this....

i am at the point where i am going to take it back to Apple tomorrow

thanks

I had (!) a same problem: suddenly iTunes was not showing up my ATV.

I did a network scan (IPnetMonitorX) and I did not see my ATV in the network.

On ATV I gave it a (new) fixed IP address, after that IPnetMonitorX saw that address.

And ATV appeared in iTunes after that.

Perhaps I was luckky ??

N. Noordegraaf

bbrosemer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2006
I have had this problem too, what I usually have to do is restart the modem and apple tv and computer all at the same time. That usually gets it to work for me I don't know what the del is with that.

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Mine started doing this on Friday and the odd thing is that I don't think aythubg has changed. I also sometimes will have the AppleTV in iTunes and click sync and it will give me a port 3689 error and iTunes babbled about my firewall being a problem. The only issue with that is that I don't have a firewall other than the one with Leopard and it is turned off. Anyone else experience this and have a fix?

rfrankl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2006
I get this once every few months. I just reboot the Apple TV and everything is back to normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.