Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PapaDoink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
On my mac I just got done running a repair disk permissions on my Macbook because my Macbook wouldn't start but now it started to work again. Then I get on and my files won't drag. I want to put my new songs from purchased on iTunes to a playlist but I can't because I can't drag any files. I called Apple and the help I got didn't have much knowledge on this problem and we couldn't resolve it. I need help!

PapaDoink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
I really need some help I called Apple but they didn't know anything about this problem!

Crackerwax

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2008
Me Too, Then Kaboom!

I had this issue with my iPhone.

Tried deleting a movie that was on it, then boom, it worked!

Don't know if that was it or not but wasn't following a strict methodology, try deleting something from your iPod then giving it another go.

Good luck.

PapaDoink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Fixed

I found the problem. This all happened from installing the new mac os x 10.5.4 software. So i reinstalled and it works.

jovada

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
On my mac I just got done running a repair disk permissions on my Macbook because my Macbook wouldn't start but now it started to work again. Then I get on and my files won't drag.

I have exactly the same problem on my iMac, also running 10.5.4... I've just restored the permissions and now I can't drag and drop, or copy and paste selected text.

My question: if I re-install Mac OS, will I have to re-install all my software, too? Or will my environment remain unchanged?

Thanks!

PapaDoink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
I have exactly the same problem on my iMac, also running 10.5.4... I've just restored the permissions and now I can't drag and drop, or copy and paste selected text.

My question: if I re-install Mac OS, will I have to re-install all my software, too? Or will my environment remain unchanged?

Thanks!

I just re-installed mac os x 10.5.4 and re-started my laptop and it worked.

jovada

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
I just re-installed mac os x 10.5.4 and re-started my laptop and it worked.

Thanks, but the most important question was whether a re-installation will keep my environment as it is, or will I have to start installing all my software again?

PapaDoink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Thanks, but the most important question was whether a re-installation will keep my environment as it is, or will I have to start installing all my software again?
well i didnt have to restart all my software but maybe you should call apple and ask them because i'm not completely 1,000 % sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.