Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ncsmith4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Whats wrong? I know a few days ago there was a MobileMe update, but I did software update and it never came through...

BaronvdB

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
Whats wrong? I know a few days ago there was a MobileMe update, but I did software update and it never came through...

same here...the mm update come through on my iMac but now my air...is there a way to manually download it somewhere?

slevit1

macrumors member
May 13, 2008
patience is a virtue

There are places where some version of it can be downloaded, but it is safest to wait until Apple releases it to Software Update. Since they haven't, it's likely that it either still has issues, or MobileMe is not yet to a point where it would work properly.

ncsmith4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Uhm, I BOUGHT MobileMe. Not just one of those people waiting for an icon to switch over so I can have something new.

Im a *huge* Apple fanboy, but if I *buy* something, I expect it to work right away.

Call me crazy...

stagemanagerav

macrumors member
Jan 20, 2008
the update really doesn't matter. I don't have it on my iMac but I do on my MBP. Both work the same, it's just that on the iMac it lists everything as .mac, but the sync works the exact same...just a different name.

Have patience, it will show up in Software Update eventually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.