Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DoctorLee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Our first app was approved as "ready for sale" on the 6th (email from apple) but has not yet appeared in the store and the status still shows "in review". I have two open tickets and no response yet and my ADC contact says that the status will change when the app is loaded.

Our app is set for health & fitness and I see no new additions to the apps there in the last 24 hours...

All thoughts are welcome.:confused:

awesomator

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
i think after the first 500 or so apple started to stagger the releases. It seems about 2 new pages of aps go up every day.
First it was 28 then 30 then 32

slycrel

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
About the same for me, I am still "In review" after submitting on wednesday. Let us know if yours gets through.

DoctorLee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2008
Thanks All

It does help to know I have company in the boat! I will update as soon as something happens to my first submission... have seven more in various stages of completion.

Do let me know if you get through the funnel, as well.

Cheers;)

slycrel

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Just a quick note, this afternoon I changed my app from free to tier 2 ($1.99). I checked this evening and had a rejected request (finally a change!). It sounded bad, but the message simply asked me to rebuild and resubmit my binary. I've done that and it is again in review. Guess we'll see. I do think it's interesting that changing my app from free to paid helped out though. Well, either that or I had some good timing, one of the two.

slycrel

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Just a quick note, this afternoon I changed my app from free to tier 2 ($1.99). I checked this evening and had a rejected request (finally a change!). It sounded bad, but the message simply asked me to rebuild and resubmit my binary. I've done that and it is again in review. Guess we'll see. I do think it's interesting that changing my app from free to paid helped out though. Well, either that or I had some good timing, one of the two.

As an update as well, I recieved the following from apple that I somehow missed the first time:

Hello xxxxx Developer,

Your application, xxxxx Demo, cannot be posted to the App Store because it is a demo version. We are not accepting any demo, trial, or pre-release versions, as all apps must be fully functional. You may append Free or Lite to the name, but still must remove all references to Demo in the app. You may point out that there is another version within your app's info panel. All buttons that are not active in this version must be grayed out or removed.

Developer Technical Support

Not that my app was crippled at all, it was jsut a basic functionality of what I will do more of later.

Heads up to all of you out there, hope that helps some.

BrentT

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
i think after the first 500 or so apple started to stagger the releases. It seems about 2 new pages of aps go up every day.
First it was 28 then 30 then 32

I wonder how many submissions they receive a day? Since a person must examine the binaries and metadata it seems we are really dependent on how many folks Apple has doing that.

They had 4K beta developers with 500 apps on opening day. It looks like they are now opening up to more developers so I would hope they are ready for an onslaught of submissions.

slycrel

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
From personal experience I do know that specific people not only review your data but actually run your program and look at your UI. I had a misconception about my app and was asked how it functioned.

I am also working through an issue where I used a UIWebView on the flipside of my app. Here is a screenshot of what they were reviewing at the time. The last communication I had was this:

Hi [developer],

Your application, Geopher Lite, cannot be posted to the App Store because it violates section 3.3.5 of the iPhone SDK Agreement; "Applications must comply with the Human Interface Guidelines and other Documentation provided by Apple."

Geopher Lite duplicates the functionality of the built-in iPhone application Safari without providing sufficient differentiation or added functionality, which will lead to user confusion. The app should launch Safari when the "Go!" and "Log" buttons are selected, instead of navigating within the app.

:eek:

Should be an interesting conversation, assuming they even reply.

If that's the case, what good is the UIWebView? You can only do 6 functions with it as-is.... forward, back, stop, reload, goto URL (admittedly a file or web page) and handle some javascript in the pane. Just doesn't make sense.

Sorry, rant off, it's a bit off-topic. =)

macintel4me

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
I have had 3 apps "In Review" since last Saturday. That means today is day number 6 of the wait. The original version of these apps are already out there in the App Store, but I made some small mods and nothing from Apple. I know Apple is swamped and I know a point release is lower priority for Apple than getting new Apps out there. However, this is still obviously very frustrating nonetheless.

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
UK
It does help to know I have company in the boat! I will update as soon as something happens to my first submission... have seven more in various stages of completion.

Do let me know if you get through the funnel, as well.

Cheers;)

What is your app called and what does it do? I'm intrigued and if it's free i'll download it :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.