Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobfelicci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Is it possible to go back from this mess? Is this the end of the world? Is apple trying to control us? Wait , this sounds like microsoft during the end of the millenium bug. Here is the deal, Itunes 7.5 doesnt have the past iphone upgrades. the one i download (1.1.1) is not recognized when i try to restore with it ((during restore mode) option-restore) so how can i put the 1.1.1 or above in my iphone?? i tried using another computer with itunes 7.6 but then it says that itunes does not work with this version of iphone and doesnt recognize it when connected. should i just sell this iphone and get a new one? No way. i want to use the old iphone. Please advice!!! Thanks so much.

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Is it possible to go back from this mess? Is this the end of the world? Is apple trying to control us? Wait , this sounds like microsoft during the end of the millenium bug. Here is the deal, Itunes 7.5 doesnt have the past iphone upgrades. the one i download (1.1.1) is not recognized when i try to restore with it ((during restore mode) option-restore) so how can i put the 1.1.1 or above in my iphone?? i tried using another computer with itunes 7.6 but then it says that itunes does not work with this version of iphone and doesnt recognize it when connected. should i just sell this iphone and get a new one? No way. i want to use the old iphone. Please advice!!! Thanks so much.

Just install iTunes 7.7 and click the check for updates button. Unless the one you downloaded is a hacked version of the iPhone firmware in which case there is no guarantee it will work at all.

bobfelicci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
i meant to say

Itunes 7.7 is what i have and that is not recognizing the iphone v. 1.1.1. when i do the restore, it asks from what update, then i check for updates and i only have the last one 2.0 for iphone. i can see the unzipped folder from the 1.1.1 download but i cannot restore from that file. why? is it because i got it from a site? i need the 1.1.1 or above to be restored from the 7.7 itunes and i cannot do that. any idea? also please note i have a mac

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Itunes 7.7 is what i have and that is not recognizing the iphone v. 1.1.1. when i do the restore, it asks from what update, then i check for updates and i only have the last one 2.0 for iphone. i can see the unzipped folder from the 1.1.1 download but i cannot restore from that file. why? is it because i got it from a site? i need the 1.1.1 or above to be restored from the 7.7 itunes and i cannot do that. any idea? also please note i have a mac

You have the version 2 firmware. Why do you want to downgrade to version 1.1.1?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.