Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cyclone Chris

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
My Work calendar is always full of stuff. In the past I used to forward all my appointments / meetings to my WM PDA and Accept them that way, however since the iphone does not have that capability outside MS Exchange, I need to find a different way of doing it.

So, were any of you able to get Activesync / PUSH or whatever else sent to your personal mobile device?

How would this work since we're required to use a CAC / PKI Certs to login to our systems and even Outlook Web Access? Yea... I actually bought a CAC reader to be able to check my email and calendar appointments.

mpshay

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Florida
I have not found a great way to do that either. I resorted to exporting appt data from Outlook and then importing that file into my Google Calendar.

toddngina

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2008
My solution was to get admin rights to my computer (laptop), install itunes (shhh;), then use that to sync my calendar to the phone.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I can't get my stuff x-fered to my iPhone. I tried doing my exchange stuff to iiphone and talked to the IT department and they said iPhone is a no go for me even though their are Colonels with them using it with exchange but I guess lower ranks are not allowed. I tried doing it myself as well with my CAC but again it was a no go. If someone figures it out let me know.

liquidh2o

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2004
Alabama
I'll be doing a one time transition over to ical, and from then on put all appointments in via mobileme or the iphone.

Mobileme is still accessible via a gov't computer, you just can't access the email portion, coincidentally this is where your initial log-in takes you. A work-around that I've found is setting http://www.me.com/calendar/ as a favorite. Still can't get to email but at least i can check my calendar/contacts etc..

As far as work I've been having a hell of a time w/ our Base NetAdmins, they say they can't set up exchange to the iphone, or any non-gov't phone for that matter. However, there's nothing stopping you from setting up a rule-set that auto-forwards all incoming emails to say... your mobileme mail. Help Desk says this is allowable and turned on, but for some reason my emails aren't forwarding. Anyone else try this and have any luck?

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I tried forwarding my .mil mail to my iPhone and it wouldn't work either. Fortanetly IT works in my same building since im CE but they told me it's not allowed and they disabled it. I still ask them though why their is Squadron Commanders and Wing Commanders with the iPhone and the fact that they can access their gov mail from their phone but not everyone else. They constantly toss me the strips game and thats that. Military is retarded for this.

Dohboy58

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2012
You can setup AKO or equal service account on iPhone and simply discontinue your global account this way you will see all your emails. However if you setup ako on the iPhone and keep your work outlook it will still filter all your AKO mail directly to outlook.

cschmelz

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2007
You can setup AKO or equal service account on iPhone and simply discontinue your global account this way you will see all your emails. However if you setup ako on the iPhone and keep your work outlook it will still filter all your AKO mail directly to outlook.

I can't do calendar, but I get my email via an Air Guard outlook for web link. It REQUIRES CAC card so I use PKard for iOS with my iPad and iPhone to login to CAC required sites..

GTDaveMac

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
To get calendar items from Outlook 2007, right click on your Calendar and select "Send via Email." Pick the options and date range and email it home. Just make sure you don't have any FOUO information in your calendary. Open in Mail on your iPhone, click on the link and "Add all" or individually.

There are many official, govt purchased iPhones and Android devices that use proprietary software (Good, for example) to read official email and the devices are usually locked with multiple passwords required to access email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.