Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iViet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
when i pair my bluetooth head set, after it's paired, i still get the spinning icon next to "devices". i was wondering if any of ya'll have this problem, and how do i stop it from spinning without turning off the bluetooth. thanks in advance.

iViet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
**update** I just tried pairing my wifes iphone wth another bluetooth set and yes, the spinning icon still shows after the pair, is this sopposed to be like that?

jwflutterby

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
I had the same prob... I don't use my headset more than like once a month normally so I just gave up on it... Sorry I don't have an answer but at least you know it isn't just your phone.. :(

ibuyufo

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2007
when i pair my bluetooth head set, after it's paired, i still get the spinning icon next to "devices". i was wondering if any of ya'll have this problem, and how do i stop it from spinning without turning off the bluetooth. thanks in advance.

My 1st gen iphone does that too.

iViet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
yeah, i read about it about the first gen. well, this is the newer ones.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
just press the home button and get out of the bluetooth menu and it will stop.

cpljwlusmc

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
The headset may not be built to function with iPhone, especially if the headset is older than the device.

What is the model of the Bluetooth headset you're using?

What generation iPhone do you own?

These are all important factors when it comes to pairing the appropriate device.

If it does pair with the device, does it have all the proper functions? Do all the buttons on the device interface properly with iPhone (i.e. Pressing a button ends a call, redials the last number, etc.)?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
You may just need to delete the BT's that are paired on the iPhone and start from scratch. Sometimes you may have more than one BT in the area, causing the iPhone to be confused b/c it continues to search even after it's paired. I ran in to the same situation...:cool:

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Yes, but it's only searching while you're in the Bluetooth screen. Like bigjnyc said, get out of that screen, and it'll stop.

My Bluetooth works perfectly well, and stays paired, but when I go to Bluetooth preferences, it starts searching again. It's not a problem, AFAIK.

iViet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
The headset may not be built to function with iPhone, especially if the headset is older than the device.

What is the model of the Bluetooth headset you're using?

What generation iPhone do you own?

These are all important factors when it comes to pairing the appropriate device.

If it does pair with the device, does it have all the proper functions? Do all the buttons on the device interface properly with iPhone (i.e. Pressing a button ends a call, redials the last number, etc.)?

it's a plantronics 320 and i got the white 16gb 3g iphone. the bluetooth works perfectly. the name of my BT is even shown in the BT menu. Just wanted to confirm with everyone that uses BT's have the same thing going on, on their screens. thank you everyone that replied.

iViet

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
You may just need to delete the BT's that are paired on the iPhone and start from scratch. Sometimes you may have more than one BT in the area, causing the iPhone to be confused b/c it continues to search even after it's paired. I ran in to the same situation...:cool:
did you fix the problem or is it still doing it? i've tried it 2 times and it still spins, lol.

andyblila

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2008
On My iPhone, or my iPad?

As long as you are in the Bluetooth screen, it is going to look for other BT devices. This is completely normal. Once you exit, it will no longer search. :apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.