Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sujithkrishnan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Bangalore
Hi....

In my am ap, i am not using the help of IB...
Moreover my first lines in ApplicationDiidFinishedLaunching are to create a window and set a Imageview. But i noticed that most of the sample apps are behaving in such a way that it is showing the first screen when it "zoomed in" while opening the app.
But for me the app is opening with a black background and showing the image after a small delay...

Is it bcoz i am not using the IBOutlet views???

NOTE: I am not using any xib files, all are manually coded...

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The view you see when the application first launches (the zoom effect) is not a view: it's a static PNG image that you include in the application to give the appearance of an instantaneous launch. The size and name for this image is in the documentation shipped with the SDK. I suggest you take some time to read it.

sujithkrishnan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 9, 2008
Bangalore
The view you see when the application first launches (the zoom effect) is not a view: it's a static PNG image that you include in the application to give the appearance of an instantaneous launch. The size and name for this image is in the documentation shipped with the SDK. I suggest you take some time to read it.

Hope it is Default.png

tnX...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.