Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BradB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
I have a brother and we are both paying for the game. I'm on a macbook and he's on vista. Do you need the disc inserted at all times to play it? Then we could both play it.

BradB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
Sweet. Worst comes to worst, my bro can use the cd, since I don't need it anyway.

:)

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
The DRM with Spore is different than others. You don't require the CD to play (in fact you can read this on the spore website) but your limited to 3 installations. Beyond 3, you need to contact them and get the count extended.

BradB

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 5, 2008
I know about that, it's only being installed on 2. If you uninstall, does it give you 1 back? Just curious.

muldul

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2008
West Sussex, England, UK
You don't need the disc for mac or pc after installation and uninstalling doesn't give you it back, also if you upgrade your operating system, that counts for one, but I'm not sure how that would work.

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
that sucks... what if you re-install your OS and what not...i would hate to pay for reinstall

There's nothing that states a pay for reinstall where are you getting that?

You bought the game and do not need to pay anything else, but if you install it and reinstall it enough times (3 is the limit) then you have to contact them to verify that YOU need the additional installs and no one else.

There's FAQ's on this at the spore site.

Nimby12

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2013
im confused does spore use a disk and if it dosnt how do u install it?

im really confused today im buying spore i cant tell if u install it or u wait a day or so for the disk to come plz help me out :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.