Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RazorbackFan78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
I recently purchased an older G4 off of craigslist.com. It was sold "as-is" so I don't have the OS installation disks, or the password for the old admin account.

Is it possible for me to re-install OS X Panther w/o the original disks or even better, remove the existing admin without formatting the drive and starting from scratch?

Help save my 10.3.9!

Matt

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
I recently purchased an older G4 off of craigslist.com. It was sold "as-is" so I don't have the OS installation disks, or the password for the old admin account.

Is it possible for me to re-install OS X Panther w/o the original disks or even better, remove the existing admin without formatting the drive and starting from scratch?

Help save my 10.3.9!

Matt

Google is your friend the third link is most likely what you want...

http://www.google.ca/search?q=reset...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

RazorbackFan78

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Viola!

That was amazing. Can't believe how easy it was to replace the existing admin user. Thanks for the nudge!

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
That was amazing. Can't believe how easy it was to replace the existing admin user. Thanks for the nudge!

Your welcome and yeah its way too easy that is why all my important information is encrypted if anyone every gets physical access to your machine its game over for anything that isn't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.