Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NuklearAngel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
i got a macbook as an early christmas present around this time last year - the update logs say it got a bunch on 1st Dec '07, so i presume that's when i first used it. it's a 13 inch, white, 2.2Ghz intel core 2 duo macbook with 1Gb of memory, currently running 10.5.5, and started off with leopard, plus i have the install disks that came with it.

i recently got a copy of XP off a friend who found he didnt need it, and wanted to install it on my macbook, but after finding out how to, i found that boot camp assistant was missing. i checked the apple website, and it said that this was the case with a few of the late 2007 macbooks, and all i needed to do was insert install disk 1, and use BootCamp.pkg to install it. so, i tried to, but couldnt find BootCamp.pkg, despite searching everywhere for it. i also tried doing the bundled package install (all the programs, just not the operating system) but that still didnt work. all the info i can find says that you can only get boot camp with leopard, but i can't afford to shell out £85 for a new copy. i even tried downloading the old beta off the internet as a stopgap, but as it's expired, that won't work either.

can anyone help me?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Since you didn't find the Boot Camp installer on the DVDs or on the web, you could go to the Apple Store where you bought the machine and ask for a replacement DVD or DVDs.

Otherwise only the black market of Torrents can help you.

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
If you have Leopard, you should have BootCamp Assistant. Did you open Spotlight (command-spacebar) and type Boot..... (by the time you type "boot" it should show the application as the top hit)

NuklearAngel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
@GfulDedFan - that was one of the first things i tried, but all i got was the dictionary definition.

@spinnerlys - thanks for the advice, i'm pretty sure it was originally ordered over the internet, but i know there are a few apple shops shops near where i live, so i'll try one of them.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
First off you must have Leopard.

Now that said, Boot Camp Assistant should be in the Utilities folder. The BootCamp installer on the Install DVD #1, is to install drivers after you install Windows.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.