Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teonebello

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Hi Guys,
it is some days that I play with my aTv, but i cannot connect my mac with boxee (on aTv).

I installed boxee last version, it's work pretty well but I cannot connect my mac.
I try to share folder with smb, with media Link upnp, but nothing!!

Somebody can tell the steps that I need to see my music/movies in boxee?

Thank you in advance!!!

Matteo

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I couldn't get it to work either, and I think it's because I have my files on a separate drive than where my home folder is. I just chock it up to Boxee being in Alpha right now. It's great, but there's a lot of bugs to iron out.

P-Worm

teonebello

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2008
Do you mean in other drive on your mac?

So if your movies are on another drive, you cannot share with smb?

Thanks

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm saying I don't really know, that's just my guess. You could prowl around the Boxee forums about this, but I decided the best thing to do until Boxee is finished is to use the regular AppleTV for streaming and switch to Boxee for Hulu stuff.

P-Worm

frankiepdx

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2007
Portland OR
Well it's a start.

Hi Guys,
it is some days that I play with my aTv, but i cannot connect my mac with boxee (on aTv).

I installed boxee last version, it's work pretty well but I cannot connect my mac.
I try to share folder with smb, with media Link upnp, but nothing!!

Somebody can tell the steps that I need to see my music/movies in boxee?

Thank you in advance!!!

Matteo

The only way I have got it to read my mac is by dropping files into the Drop Box in my Public Folder. BUT, I also needed to enter my username /pass on Boxee. Til I try a bit harder that's my only solution. Make sure SMB share is checked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.