Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brian4610

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
everytime i go into itunes and try to upload selected folders of pics onto my iphone, they're all grayed out, and the only option i have is to sync all of my photos.

anyone else experiencing this? I've updated my itunes, it was a problem before and after the update....any help is appreciated.

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Well, that happens on mine if the folder that I have selected in "Sync Folders From" has no sub-folders with photo files in. Check that you have selected a folder that has some photos in the sub-directories.

eg:

Folder 1
|
|
-- Folder 2 (image files)
|
-- Folder 3 (image files)

So if you "Sync Folders From" Folder 1, you will then be able to choose "Selected Folders" and it will list Folder 2 and Folder 3, which you can select or deselect

brian4610

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2005
Well, that happens on mine if the folder that I have selected in "Sync Folders From" has no sub-folders with photo files in. Check that you have selected a folder that has some photos in the sub-directories.

eg:

Folder 1
|
|
-- Folder 2 (image files)
|
-- Folder 3 (image files)

So if you "Sync Folders From" Folder 1, you will then be able to choose "Selected Folders" and it will list Folder 2 and Folder 3, which you can select or deselect

i don't know if i follow...

here's the deal:

my "sync folders from" says iphoto. and then below that the radio button is already selected for me and it says 'all photos'. It's greyed out along with 'selected albums'. When i select "sync folders" it tells me that it upload all of my photos, not just the folders i select.

i can't select anything, it's already done for me.

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
OK, I'm guessing that you don't have the check box on the "Sync Photos From" line actually checked. It needs to be. When you check it you get a question about synching, which you answer yes to. Don't worry, it will not do the sync at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.