Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
Ok, i've got a macbook pro and a mainframe PC which has a wireless internet router and a HP Photosmart 2610 printer hooked up to it.
I've been trying to find out how to print from my macbook pro, wirelessly (from one room to another) to my printer that's connected to my PC.
how do i do it?
help please:confused:

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
While you wait for someone to help have you tried the search function; I bet someone has asked that question before and got it answered.

If I knew I would have told you how... sorry...

rman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
i have already tried searching.
but can't find anything.
help anyone?

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
Ok, i've got a macbook pro and a mainframe PC which has a wireless internet router and a HP Photosmart 2610 printer hooked up to it.
I've been trying to find out how to print from my macbook pro, wirelessly (from one room to another) to my printer that's connected to my PC.
how do i do it?
help please:confused:

Mainframe PC? WoW.. .is it IBM based? Scratch Mini-Disk? You run a lot of Fortran/EXEC/REXX at home?

Anyway, tis the same way you allow a windows PC to print to your other PC. You allow printer sharing on your PC PC and then connect to the printer from the MBP via your preferences/print fax/and add printer.

i have already tried searching.
but can't find anything.
help anyone?

Believe me it's been asked and answered. Here's a few results, remember a forum search isn't really google so you gotta sift through the results.

https://forums.macrumors.com/search/?searchid=13406435

rman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2008
ok, i've tried printing a page off the net to my printer connected to my PC and it works! finally. but the problem is all that comes out of the printer is a blank page with "%!PS-Adobe-3.0 %APL_DSC_Encoding: UTF8 %APLProducer: (Version 10.5.5 (Build 9F33)" written at the top.

Thats all that comes out!
Any ideas on how to fix this?

kkat69

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2007
Atlanta, Ga
ok, i've tried printing a page off the net to my printer connected to my PC and it works! finally. but the problem is all that comes out of the printer is a blank page with "%!PS-Adobe-3.0 %APL_DSC_Encoding: UTF8 %APLProducer: (Version 10.5.5 (Build 9F33)" written at the top.

Thats all that comes out!
Any ideas on how to fix this?

Wrong printer driver more than likely.

Make sure you've installed the printer driver for that printer on your Mac. Also make sure it's up to date. Then make sure your using THAT driver ("Print Using" dropdown) when you add it to your Mac.

Mactroubled

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2011
Hope this helps - broken wireless printing

I struggled with wireless printing between my macbook pro and Epson Stylus for months. Nothing I did fixed it.
But here's how I got it back.
Go system preferences/print and fax
Right click on the printer icon and click 'reset printing system'.
This clears all the printers out of the system. If I tried to add a printer at this stage the Macbook simply could not identify any printer unless I was hard wired to the printer.
So then I went to the printer opened its settings function and found the wireless area. It identified the wireless network from my telephone company and when clicked it it asked for the password or SSID. I input the password again and returned to system preferences on the Mac and opened print and fax. I clicked add printer and this time it found my printer. I then added it in the usual way.
It was all down to inputting the wireless network password in the printer itself. Simple, but has taken me months to figure out.

njaremka

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2010
if its a usb printer, just go pick up an airport express. $69 for a refurbished model, and you can even hook it up to some stereo speakers and run wifi from it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.