Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gvegastiger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Ok, I have the little sync icon going in my menu bar and I want to shut it off. I can't figure it out. It gives me a MobileMe menu when I click on it but I don't have MobileMe. I need to shut it off bc its interfering with Soocial.

gvegastiger

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
Does anyone in here know how to shut off Mobile Me syncing? No matter what I do, the little sync icon won't disappear and I can't make it stop syncing. Please does anyone know what I should do?

joshiieee

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2006
I do not have a MobileMe account, and System Preferences > MobileMe only gives you the option to log into MobileMe. Therefore, there is no sync option.

Horst

Jan 10, 2006
Open the iSync app , go to menu - isync - preferences , there you can turn it off.

Adaugeo

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2009
How to Restore iTunes Sync after MobileMe Trial/Sub term

After some frustration, and a mild heart attack, using the hints in this thread I have disconnected from MobileMe and restored the Ability to Sync my iPod touch with iTunes.

The key is to UnRegister the Computer in the System Preferences.
Tell MobileMe to Delete the Contacts & Calendar data from the Cloud Server

WiFi was connected, so in Spite of Push being OFF, MobileMe sync on the iPod did in fact DELETE all Contact and Calendar Data [it's still on the MacBook God Bless them]

Returning to iTunes "info" tab now should have a MobileMe Signup button at the Top, and all of the former Sync preferences below. Go to the Bottom and for This Sync check the boxes to get Contacts and Calendars back on the iPod.

EDitorial:The Difficulty with this is it Has to be discovered and I am not a NEWBIE- in fact it is shameful to have a "trial" that will trip some folks up permanently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.