Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DirkBreeuwer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
My iphone's speaker volume is broken, I have an jailbroken 2.1 2g iphone. Is there any app that would let me turn up and down the volume?

Thanks

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Do you mean the volume rocker button is broken?

If that is what you mean then the first question is is the phone under warranty? If it is, then restore in iTunes (so they won't see the jailbreak) and take it to Apple.

If the phone is not under warranty then there are ways to adjust the volume from within the phone without any 3rd party apps. You can control the ringer volume from the settings menu (settings -> sounds), you can control the external speaker volume for the iphone/apps by going into the iPod and starting a song and adjusting the slider, and you can adjust the headphones volume by going into the iPod with the headphones in.

DirkBreeuwer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 22, 2008
No, well Its weird. The volume control (in the left side of the Iphone) has to buttons, one to turn volume up, and one to turn it down. I cant turn volume up. And even dough the volume in the settings is turned up 100 percent, when (during a call) I can press the turn down. When I do that, I am able to see that the volume is 40% down, and I can decrease it. But not increase it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.