Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jake921660

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 2, 2008
Australia
I found this when my little brother was trying to get into my iphone. I tried to unlock and it told me that I had to wait 55 minutes, so I plugged it into iTunes and played a song off it. When I got the "Slide to cancel syncing" message on the iPod i slid it and then I was asked to enter the passcode and it was unlocked.

Simple as that with no waiting time.

bradenwh

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
Umm,

That's what you're supposed to do when it's disabled...plug it up to iTunes.

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
I found this when my little brother was trying to get into my iphone. I tried to unlock and it told me that I had to wait 55 minutes, so I plugged it into iTunes and played a song off it. When I got the "Slide to cancel syncing" message on the iPod i slid it and then I was asked to enter the passcode and it was unlocked.

Thats because iTunes recognized the phone as being yours, connect the iPhone to another computer that has not synced the iPhone and it won't let you unlock it for the entire 55 min time. iTunes will give you an error saying that you have to unlock the iPhone before iTunes can sync it if it doesn't know the phone.

revitjunkee

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
help

ok a while ago my iphone screen shut off and it has come back on but i forgot my passcode and i need a way to unlock it. iv tried to use the double tap method but i have double tap set to music soo it doesnt work. would you have any suggestions as far as what to do? thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.