Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coopdig

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
Hi! I'm thinking very seriously about getting a 17" iMac (; my only problem being that I'm not really sure that it would be able to do what I would like it to.

I would really like it to be able to run Garageband w/o any noticeable hassles/lag-time. And, although I'm not at all a serious gamer, I would really like it to run Simcity 4 reasonably well.

Has anyone had any experience w/ either of these programs (or similar ones) on the 17" iMac? If needs be, I can potentially wait for the next revision... but I don't want to!! :)

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
I am confident that the 17 incher will do what you want it to. I would reccomend buying either from apple.com or at a retail store because of the ram. They come with 256, and I would recommend upping it to a gig for garageband. Sim city runs fine. Go to the apple store and check one out, they probably have sim city loaded on one and definitly garageband. Yay iMac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.