Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
USA
Hi guys!

Alright, I asked not too long ago about a software for website development that was just a point, click, and drag kind of environment.

Well- I have Dreamweaver, and I managed to take a stab at it, and I have to say I'm not doing too bad... I think.

Anyways, I'm building a website for a family member's restaurant. It needed a lot of help.

One thing I am really stuck on is the submit form.
All the rest is fine and typed out in the form.
But I don't know how to configure the submit button. When someone clicks the submit button, I want the form to be sent to my email. I've searched everywhere, but I'm wicked confused on how to do this.

Here is the code I have:

Code:
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="">
							  <tr>
								<td valign="top" class="text" width="74" style="padding-top:4px ">
									<strong>First name:</strong>
								</td>
								<td height="30" valign="top"><input type="text" style="width:222px; height:21px; background-color:#FFFFFF" class="text_d"></td>
							  </tr>
							  <tr>
									<strong>Last name:</strong>
								</td>
								<td height="30" valign="top"><input type="text" style="width:222px; height:21px; background-color:#FFFFFF" class="text_d"></td>
							  </tr>
							  <tr>
									<strong>E-mail:</strong>
								</td>
							  </tr>
							  <tr>
									<strong>Phone:</strong>
								</td>
							  </tr>
							  <tr>
									<strong>Address:</strong>
								</td>
							  </tr>
							  <tr>
									<strong>Message:</strong>
								</td>
								<td height="30" valign="top"><textarea style="width:222px; height:108px; overflow:auto; background-color:#FFFFFF" class="text_d"></textarea>
								<div align="right" style="margin-right:0px; margin-top:10px ">
									<input type="reset" value="" style="cursor: hand; cursor: pointer; width:52px; height:20px; background-image: url(images/clear.jpg); border: 0px none;">  
									<input type="submit" value="" style="cursor: hand; cursor: pointer; width:52px; height:20px; background-image: url(images/send.jpg); border: 0px none;">
								</div>
								</td>
							  </tr>
							</table>

I have the file attached where the form is. Hopefully it loads (I had to put it in a .zip file, sorry).
Ignore how bad it kind of looks, I'm not done with the page yet. :eek:

Any help is appreciated! Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Index-3 contact us.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 60

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
Well, you have a table, not a form. You need the form tag where you place the action, which gets executed when a person hits the submit button. You'll also need to use some server side processing to handle the emailing after it has been submitted. You won't be able to do it with just HTML. PHP is a common language to use to process a form and email the contents. There's plenty of example scripts if you use Google.

More info on forms
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.