Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicho1995w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Hi!
I dont got wireless network i only got network through a wire.
So, im wondering if its possible to connect my ipod touch to my computer and surf on the internet on my ipod touch only connected with the ipod charger wire or whatever its called:p

Thank You!

nicho1995w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Yes but i dont got itunes on it cause im not administrator and dont remember the password to the administrator so i cant download it :s

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Yes but i dont got itunes on it cause im not administrator and dont remember the password to the administrator so i cant download it :s

You... deleted iTunes... or your account is being managed with Parental Controls for one of two reasons: because you stole the laptop and are using a managed guest account or you're a kid using a managed account.

If it's the first or the last of those three, ask the administrator (parent) to download iTunes for you. If it's the second, go away.

And iTunes has NOTHING to do with the Internet.

plinden

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Actually, yes. But only if your laptop has WiFi and you're not using it for your computer's internet connection. Set it up for what's known as adhoc connection on a PC or Internet Sharing on a Mac. Which you'll have to set up using an administrator account in any case.

I don't understand what this comment has to do with connecting to the internet.

nicho1995w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
Well, i want the internet to download apps and stuff... and its no parental control on MY computer...

jmann

macrumors 604
Unless you're able to find a free wifi network/another computer you won't be able to download apps. Also before you are able to use the app store you would have to connect your ipod to itunes so you can sync an itunes account with it so it will let you download apps.

jmann

macrumors 604
and there i can sync music, etc

Ok then, you need to be signed into your itunes account on your moms itunes and then sync your ipod to it. Then once that is done all you have to do is find a free wifi network somewhere (there are lots) and download apps. But until you can convince your mom to buy a wireless internet router you won't be able to surf the internet on your ipod at your house. There is no way to do it through a wired connection.

nicho1995w

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2009
well, thx but i know that but my question was if i can get internet thrugh my computer and i got the answer almost right after i posted the thread...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.