Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

petemwah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
Would any developer here be interested in creating a MacRumors app? Would MacRumors be interested in that?

It would be a good idea I think as it would make browsing MacRumors on the move a great deal easier. Could integrate live feeds for events? And the forums/news pages?

I could see it becoming v.v.popular, especially if it was brought out just before a big apple announcement?

Anyway, just an idea, but thought I'd let you guys know it!

x

paulshephard

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Birmingham, UK
Potentially successful, but I'm not sure to what extent.
With regards to being able to reply to posts easily, I fully concur to that point.
However, the latest news updates can easily be grabbed via a standard RSS program such as Newsstand on the iPhone (which is what I personally use).

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Potentially successful, but I'm not sure to what extent.
With regards to being able to reply to posts easily, I fully concur to that point.
However, the latest news updates can easily be grabbed via a standard RSS program such as Newsstand on the iPhone (which is what I personally use).

How do you get Macrumors updates with newsstand?

finalcut

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2007
Quebec, Canada
An application or maybe a mobile version of the website. An application is more appropriate imo since a mobile version of the website would give macrumors's ppl a lot of work.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
I'd really like to see a more general vBulletin app. A lot of sites I visit (including one I run) use vBulletin. It would be great to have an iPhone interface to them.

One that works with all the popular forum apps (vBulletin, phpBB, SimpleMachines, etc.) would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.