Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdsvtdriver

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Southern California
Hello,

Is there a relatively easy way to disable the charging sound the iPhone makes?

Long story short, I have an adapter that connects the iPhone to my factory radio in my car. Unfortunately, when I change tracks, the adapter stops charging for a second while it sends the command and then goes back to charging. In the end, I get the space like charging sound 6 seconds into any song I play in my car after skipping. Annoying.

If I hit the switch, then it vibrates everytime I change tracks. Doubly annoying.

Suggestions?

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Get a new adapter??

Sorry but there's no way to disable it unless you were to SSH and find the sound file. I'd have no idea where to begin looking though.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
Assuming you have a jailbroken iPhone, navigate to:

/System/Library/Audio/UISounds, and locate the file: beep-beep.caf.

Delete this file and re-spring your device (you might want to save a copy before deleting).

As an alternative to SSH-ing into the device, you can install and use Netatalk (Cydia)
to connect to device in Finder; also the desktop program PhoneView works really well.

sdsvtdriver

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Southern California
Assuming you have a jailbroken iPhone, navigate to:

/System/Library/Audio/UISounds, and locate the file: beep-beep.caf.

Delete this file and re-spring your device (you might want to save a copy before deleting).

As an alternative to SSH-ing into the device, you can install and use Netatalk (Cydia)
to connect to device in Finder; also the desktop program PhoneView works really well.

awesome! will do this tonight. Thanks!

Brodiedo

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
awesome! will do this tonight. Thanks!

The above doesn't work on my iPad2 iOS 5.0. The charging sound is still there.

Power sound dissabler, silent charge cl don't work either.

Just out of pure luck, I found lowpowerbanner in big boss repo which has a setting to silence the charging sound. It also silences the 10% & 20% battery pop up alert.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
The above doesn't work on my iPad2 iOS 5.0. The charging sound is still there.

Power sound dissabler, silent charge cl don't work either.

Just out of pure luck, I found lowpowerbanner in big boss repo which has a setting to silence the charging sound. It also silences the 10% & 20% battery pop up alert.

Silent Charge Classic works on my iPad2 and on my 4s and previous on my IP4.

Did you select it in winterboard and than do a respring?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.