Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
So I run quickpwn, gives warning screen, click OK, says connect device( in this case 1st gen ipod touch) and zing....nothing happens. Won't give the green check mark, nadda. It had been working just fine. Jail broke dozen phones and ipod touches with same set up.

I've searched around and can't find any clues. Any ideas?

*Update*
I re-installed my os on new hard drive and checked every thing as I went. After installing the sdk 3.0, QuickPwn no longer recognizes any device.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
So I run quickpwn, gives warning screen, click OK, says connect device( in this case 1st gen ipod touch) and zing....nothing happens. Won't give the green check mark, nadda. It had been working just fine. Jail broke dozen phones and ipod touches with same set up.

I've searched around and can't find any clues. Any ideas?

Please provide less details in future questions...

What OS do you have, what version is it, what version iTunes do you have, what version Quickpwn, etc may help us help you. :)

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Ha. Details. Who needs details.

Its Quickpwn 2.2.5 on mac OSX 10.5.6 Itunes 8..1 (50). I have the 3.0 firmware on my iPhone( not trying to downgrade) and the 3.0 SDK (paid Developer).

Was thinking the SDK might have some issue. I am putting a new hard drive in my unibody macbook so I'm going to install things slowly to check for any interference with the quickpwn process.

Pwnage tool still works and I can DFU restore to jailbreak.

Thanks

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
Ha. Details. Who needs details.

Its Quickpwn 2.2.5 on mac OSX 10.5.6 Itunes 8..1 (50). I have the 3.0 firmware on my iPhone( not trying to downgrade) and the 3.0 SDK (paid Developer).

Was thinking the SDK might have some issue. I am putting a new hard drive in my unibody macbook so I'm going to install things slowly to check for any interference with the quickpwn process.

Pwnage tool still works and I can DFU restore to jailbreak.

Thanks

Nope, 10.5.6 could be your issue. It has a DFU mode bug. Search the forums or google for some fixes or just buy a USB hub. :)

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Nope, 10.5.6 could be your issue. It has a DFU mode bug. Search the forums or google for some fixes or just buy a USB hub.

Nope, fixed the dfu bug with the kext file replacement and, also tried it with my trusty usb hub thats been used in the past.

If I have itunes open with the ipod plugged in and showing in the sidebar. When I start QuickPwn the ipod disappears for a second then reappears. QuickPwn just wont continue.

I have tried it with no itunes running, reinstalled itunes, redownloaded Quickpwn( 3 times) all to no avail.

I'll post anything that I find.

Tokiopop

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2008
West Yorkshire, UK
Nope, 10.5.6 could be your issue. It has a DFU mode bug. Search the forums or google for some fixes or just buy a USB hub. :)

Since when did QuickPwn need an iPod to be in DFU mode for it to be detected?

I've just Jailbroken an iPod Touch 1st Gen on my Mac, no problems.

Perhaps try a different USB port? And try turning it off, then connecting it. It'll turn on and should be detected.

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I've just Jailbroken an iPod Touch 1st Gen on my Mac, no problems.

Perhaps try a different USB port? And try turning it off, then connecting it. It'll turn on and should be detected.

Do you have the new 3.0 SDK on your Mac? That seems to be my problem. But even uninstalling that doesn't help.

Sep 20, 2007
I agree it is the new SDK beta. I installed in on my MBP 10.5.6 and ever since havent been able to restore PWN'd IPSW using itunes anymore and also QuickPwn doesn't pick up the device when launched...

Anyone got any ideas?... I have removed the Developer folder from my mac and still the same above issues..

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Hey thanks for the link. I'm not really sure what to do with it. Get error when i try to unload. Not sure if I'm typing the right thing in terminal. Says no such file or directory.

Let me know if it works.

n350z

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
Hi Vonswanko

I have the same issue as you do, if you have found a fix please update on your findings.

Vonswanko

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Hi Vonswanko

I have the same issue as you do, if you have found a fix please update on your findings.

I did the replacement of the muxdusb file from the hackintosh link. It fixed the quickpwn issue, but then itunes wouldn't recognize my phone or charge it. So I reinstalled itunes, still no dice. I reinstalled the SDk and fixed the itunes thing, but no more QuickPwn. Now I just JB in VMware on windows 7

weird.

n350z

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
Thanks my friend

I've also had the issue with itunes & not charging after following hquest advice :confused:

I will keep you informed if I find the answer to this problem :)

doblezeta

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2007
Hehe, I'm also experiencing the iTunes cannot detect the device anymore after the fix. I'll reinstall the SDK to check if that will fix it for me.

Ouch.

n350z

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2009
I've gone the same kinda way as Vonswanko 4 now and bootcamped windows to do my jailbreaks.

I have a feeling will see 10.5.7 OSX released in a few weeks, I'd recommend instead of taking it as an update download that u instead install the Mac OS X 10.5.7 Combo Update it should show up
HERE ones it available.

Thanks 4 your import guys :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.