Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djRuffian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
One thing i have found annoying with the iPhone, and i am hoping there is a way to correct it, is that if i call someone, and then they hang up, i have to press the "END CALL" (red button on the screen) to finish the call, if i dont press this button, the call will continue even if the other person has hung-up.

This can be annoying, because sometimes the screen will stay black (it must think its against your face or something).

Another thing is, the "END CALL" button altogether, is there a way to change that to the HOME button or something?

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
Well, whenever someone hangs up a call after calling me, my iPhone knows it and closes the phone app.

If I call them, and they hang up, the line stays open unless I cut the call.

That's the way it's meant to work.

I think you would not want to make the Home button an End Call button since it allows you to "minimise" the phone while staying on the call, and (for example) you can look up some info in Safari to give to the person you're speaking to, while you're still speaking to them.

Regarding your phone staying black, do you have a case on it? If so, take it off and you'll solve the problem.

cpitchford

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2009
One thing i have found annoying with the iPhone, and i am hoping there is a way to correct it, is that if i call someone, and then they hang up, i have to press the "END CALL" (red button on the screen) to finish the call, if i dont press this button, the call will continue even if the other person has hung-up.

This can be annoying, because sometimes the screen will stay black (it must think its against your face or something).

Another thing is, the "END CALL" button altogether, is there a way to change that to the HOME button or something?

I had the same problem (I thought) and it was quite embarrassing when I made a very uncomplimentary comment about my sister and the phone was not disconnected. I went to the Apple store and one customer service rep worked on my phone and said "that's the way the phone worked." That didn't make me very happy. The same thing continued to happy until one day I made the same mistake except this time I made an uncomplimentary remark about a now former employer (and I really liked that job)... so I went back to the store and insisted that I be helped until the problem was resolved. The actual resolution was that my Iphone sleeve, condom whatever you want to call the thing that covers it... had stretched enough to cover a sensor that allowed the phone to disconnect correctly when phone calls were over. I finally found a sleeve that was a smaller size that didn't come close to the sensors and I also have a hard plastic case that covers the outside edge of the Iphone (because I am, yes ANAL!) And, I have learned to check and make sure I don't open my mouth until I see that the phone is disconnected!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.