Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

For businesses looking for an integrated productivity solution with an iPhone component, Marketcircle's recently-updated Daylite can be paired with Daylite Touch [App Store] for on-the-go access. While the iPhone application itself is free to download, a paid license ($49.99 per device per year) is required in order to allow the application to connect to the Daylite Server portion of the productivity package.

Daylite Touch received significant attention at Macworld Expo 2009, winning a "Best of Show" award.
Key features include:

- Home screen: see what's coming up today and tomorrow (appointments, tasks, projects, sales opportunities, and new notifications)

- Shared calendars: schedule multi-user meetings, view your co-worker's calendar, and rotate your iPhone to see your entire week at a glance

- Tasks: delegate tasks to your co-workers and keep track of their status, create subtasks, edit multiple tasks at once, use GTD, and link tasks to contacts, projects, and sales

- Projects: manage and track projects on the go using pipelines and see all linked tasks, appointments, notes, and contacts, all in one place

- Sales opportunities: track new and existing business, collaborate on sales with co-workers back at the office or on the road, then run reports and analyze trends on your Mac

- Contacts: stay in sync with your company's customer information including a rich history of emails, notes, tasks, appointments, projects, and sales opportunities

Article Link: Daylite Touch Now Available for iPhone

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
this app works extremely well so far.

I am a little miffed about the yearly tax here, but truthfully if it makes my daylite experience 300 percent more useful then it's worth it.

Daylite was already awesome, but this combined with the soon to be billings touch just complete a really awesome project management suite for me.

Not to say there aren't things I'd like to see coming, but as the first outing, this app is EXTREMELY well put together.

I've tested it with 3 other users and it works great, probably even better once push is implemented in 3.0.

Cheers,
technocoy

iMacoo7

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
Destin, Florida
this app works extremely well so far.

I am a little miffed about the yearly tax here, but truthfully if it makes my daylite experience 300 percent more useful then it's worth it.

Daylite was already awesome, but this combined with the soon to be billings touch just complete a really awesome project management suite for me.

Not to say there aren't things I'd like to see coming, but as the first outing, this app is EXTREMELY well put together.

I've tested it with 3 other users and it works great, probably even better once push is implemented in 3.0.

Cheers,
technocoy

So is it worth the cost of using the services?

B2k1977

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
So is it worth the cost of using the services?

Sounds interesting because I would love a Tasks app but as a paying mobileme subscriber I refuse to pay a second time for something that SHOULD be included with mobileme and could possibly be supported later.

I waited for notes sync and it's coming. They didn't mention mobileme support for Notes sync but I can't imagine it not being supported but it is Apple so who knows...my guess is that a new version of itunes to support notes, along with a new version of the mobileme control panel will be released along side it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.