Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
Hi,

Just wondering if I made an app how would I issue an update for it?

Thanks.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
To issue an update, as far as I know, all you need to do is resubmit the app on iTunes Connect, ensuring that you have advanced the version number by 0.1 (for minor updates). Once it has been approved by Apple, it will replace the previous version of your app. Minor updates are free to existing users but new purchasers would be charged whatever price you set. There is a box to enter the "New in this version" text.

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
UK
so basically i just re-send the app outlining what changes have been made? Will i need to submit screenshots etc again too?

Thanks.

iphonerain

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2009
so basically just do the changes and re-submit the app?

I haven't released my app yet so I don't know this firsthand, but I'm reading that if you change your release date to the new one when you resubmit your updated app, your app will be in the front page.

B U G E Y E

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2009
Portland, OR
To initiate an update, you go to "Manage Applications" in iTunes Connect and click the "Update Application" button for the application. You will then be taken through a series of screens that allow you to enter info and upload your binary.

Don't mess with any "availability" dates until you get the email saying your update has been accepted. Then, go to iTunes Connect and change the availability date for the updated app to the current date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.