Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NH
... and have taken 6 of 7 from the Bombers this year. Sure it's only April, but it's been a GREAT one so far!

Oh... and in case anyone forgot?

The Yankees Suck.

:)

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
AAAAHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

*breathes*

BWAAHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I can't wait to rub this in my roommate's face! :D

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Go Red Sox!

Actually, the one game I go see up in Boston is the only one the Sox have lost so far to the Yankees. Clearly, I should just watch on TV. (Saves money too).

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NH
What I have found interesting is not that the Red Sox have played great (although their bullpen has been spectacular) but how absolutely HORRIBLE the Yankees have played.

Jason Giambi? Hello? You still play?
All the errors? (Kev Brown with 2 in ONE game?)
Jeter is 0 for his last 25???

Current batting averages (yeah OnBasedPercentage is all the rage-- I don't care):

NYYANKEES
TODAY 4.25.04
SEASON BATTING AVERAGE
D Jeter SS .175
B Williams CF .167
A Rodriguez 3B .257
J Giambi 1B .204
G Sheffield RF .265
J Posada C .281
H Matsui LF .262
R Sierra DH .194
E Wilson 2B .167
a-T Lee PH .105
M Cairo 2B .300

George must be PISSED.

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
keysersoze said:
... and have taken 6 of 7 from the Bombers this year. Sure it's only April, but it's been a GREAT one so far!

Oh... and in case anyone forgot?

The Yankees Suck.

*Yawn*

You're right, it's only April.

BTW, I'm a Cubs fan and could care less about either New York or Boston.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NH
pivo6 said:
*Yawn*

You're right, it's only April.

BTW, I'm a Cubs fan and could care less about either New York or Boston.

And I could care less about the Cubs. If you want to write about them, start your own thread.

Oh- The Yankees?
They Suck.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
oh i def enjoyed it... baltimore was on top of the AL east for the first time in like 6 years... :D its a shame that had to end with our losses to toronto... booo

:p

Sparky's

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2004

pivo6

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2002
Minnesota
keysersoze said:
And I could care less about the Cubs. If you want to write about them, start your own thread.

Oh- The Yankees?
They Suck.

I guess I didn't make myself clear. It's baseball in April, who cares.

Have you picked out your spot for the World Series parade yet?

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Yes, it is April.

And as a Yankee fan, I'd like to remind you that the forces of the universe are a bit stronger than 6 out of 7 games. I'm sure there have been times like this in the past....and nothing has come of it.

Oh yes-Red Sox suck. :D And Johnny Damon in particular....anyone want to introduce that man to a pair of scissors....or a razor?

Baseball-the American pastime. I love it.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
pivo6 said:

Have you picked out your spot for the World Series parade yet?

Baseball anytime of the year is great when your a Red Sox fan, as long as they are winning. Even in the off season when we see all the good things Theo did with the team. All i have to say is i can't wait till i get to Boston on the 22nd of May, first time in Fenway in like 4 years. Gonna be a great one.

I personally am a Baseball fan first and a Red Sox fan, i just love baseball, and its even better when the Sox are winning. 6 Out of 7 is great, 12 more regular season games to go against the Yanks. I can't wait for Nomar and Trot to come back, it will make them that much stronger.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
Counterfit said:
AAAAHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

*breathes*

BWAAHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!!!! :D :D :D :D

I can't wait to rub this in my roommate's face! :D

Scrolling slowly down on my little 12" iBook screen, this post was HI-Larious. You made my day.

I am a baseball fan first and a Yankee-hater second. But I have no doubts that the Yankees are too talented to remain in this much of a funk all season. Although the Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA and not the other way around, it seems that Yankees may be taking a page from the Lakers' book: sucking early and slowly improving just in time to make the postseason and the finals. Great athletes time their peaks. I don't think the Yankees are deliberately trying to play this lousy, but I'm not going to get hopeful that they will play this horribly all season.

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NH
pivo6 said:

I guess I didn't make MYSELF clear...the Sox swept the Yankees.

...So I think a LOT of Red Sox fans care about baseball in April!

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NH
djbahdow01 said:
I can't wait for Nomar and Trot to come back, it will make them that much stronger.

It's crazy how well they are doing, even though they are missing two of their BIG pieces. I can't wait til they are all together. I have actually been quite impressed with Bellhorn and Reece. Those guys are great defensive players... and did you see Mirabelli's 2 homeruns vs. toronto? And he only plays when he has to catch for Wakefield! Talk about a reserve! They will be unstoppable this year.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
Oh BTW did you guys see the picture of Curt Schilling on Page 2 on ESPN.com a few days ago.
He had a great hat on, it had YH in Red Sox colors. I was wondering if any of you guys in New England could tell me where i could find the hat online as i am nowhere near New England at the moment.

Freakk123

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
Bronx, NY
I live in the Bronx, and yet just like most of my friends who live here, I hate the Yankees. But my friends outside the bronx love them. Go figure. So tomorrow, I'll have something to laugh at people about in school. Jeter is in an 0-25 slump, which is the worst of his career. Basically because I hate the Yankees, the Red Sox have become my 3rd or 4th favorite team. So tomorrow should be great... ;)

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NH
djbahdow01 said:
Oh BTW did you guys see the picture of Curt Schilling on Page 2 on ESPN.com a few days ago.
He had a great hat on, it had YH in Red Sox colors. I was wondering if any of you guys in New England could tell me where i could find the hat online as i am nowhere near New England at the moment.

You can find all Yankee Hater stuff at yankeeshater.com :D

Don't believe me? Check this out!

http://www.yankeeshater.com/

keysersoze

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
NH
Freakk123 said:
I live in the Bronx, and yet just like most of my friends who live here, I hate the Yankees. But my friends outside the bronx love them. Go figure. So tomorrow, I'll have something to laugh at people about in school. Jeter is in an 0-25 slump, which is the worst of his career. Basically because I hate the Yankees, the Red Sox have become my 3rd or 4th favorite team. So tomorrow should be great... ;)

You are a pilgrim in an unholy land... It's good you have friends in the same boat.... hang in there...and have fun with Jeter's OhFerTwentyfive.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Freg3000 said:
Oh yes-Red Sox suck. :D And Johnny Damon in particular....anyone want to introduce that man to a pair of scissors....or a razor?

Baseball-the American pastime. I love it.

Freg3000, that was Hilarious. I laughed for a good while.

You BoSux fans crack me up.

Let me explain something to you........................ 1918!!!!

I have more points I can make, but thats really the only one I need to make.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
MacFan26 said:
As much as I'm a huge sox fan, I must agree with you about his hair. One of my friends thinks he looks like Jesus :eek:

I got a good look at Damon over Spring Training over in Ft. Myers and everyone around me was thinking we had Jesus in the outfield. He definately has the look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.