Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

William Wallace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
U.S.
Hi,
My macbookpro (15in 2.2ghz) screen will not turn on but the computer is, the audio buttons, and the back light keyboard work. The screen doesn't turn on. This started after i restarted from windows, during the reboot the screen wouldn't turn on. After leaving the computer for several minutes and taking out the battery it did start up normal just very slowly. It shut down when i accidentally turned of the power strip it was plunged into and now, the screen will not turn on and the computer wont recognize an external display. Does any one know how i can fix this?
thank you
jesse

WaltCD

macrumors member
May 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
It happened to me, as well, just last week: I booted up my MacBook Pro one day and no display. Using keyboard controls, I could tell it was on and running, but no display.
I took it to the Apple store that agreed it was the graphics board and offered to fix it, at NO CHARGE to ME, even though I bought the computer three and a half YEARS ago. They told me it would be 3 to 5 days, but they called me back that afternoon (maybe four hours later) and said it was ready.

Oh, and since they can't just change out the graphics card, they change out the whole motherboard (logic board). Even though it's the same speed chips that were in before, same hard drive, all my same info, it seems like the computer is brand-new FAST!

FANtastic customer service!
Walt D in LV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.