Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yizi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
UK
My iTunes used to pop up everytime i connected my iPhone 3G, but since i restored my iPhone i have to manually open it for the iPhone to sync and backup... any ideas how i can fix it?

Thanks,
Yizi

Yizi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
UK
If your talking about under preferences > devices ? i already had a look but there is nothing there, please direct me if you found anything ...

jmann

macrumors 604
No it's under the screen in iTunes that you see when you have your iPhone connected. It is the first tab/screen on the iPhone view. It should be at the bottom. Or if it isn't there, look through the other tabs.

EDIT: try checking the one that says to sync when iPhone is connected.

Attachments

• Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 443

Yizi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
UK
I have 3 options check the attachment, and i checked other tabs, nothing like what you said or anything similar ...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 171

Yizi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2008
UK
OK i have ticked the middle option like in your picture, still the same ...

koopa35

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
My iTunes used to pop up everytime i connected my iPhone 3G, but since i restored my iPhone i have to manually open it for the iPhone to sync and backup... any ideas how i can fix it?

Thanks,
Yizi

i got the same issue as of today. a fix would be nice

intel1111

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2009
Had the same problem, this is how I fixed it
First make sure you that itunes helper is running, check in activity monitor
If not go to your applications folder and find itunes right click, show package contents, resources then find ituneshelper and start it.
Then make sure that its in your login items so you don't have to do that all the time

Hope that helps

inigel

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2008
No where
Had the same problem, this is how I fixed it
First make sure you that itunes helper is running, check in activity monitor
If not go to your applications folder and find itunes right click, show package contents, resources then find ituneshelper and start it.
Then make sure that its in your login items so you don't have to do that all the time

Hope that helps

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I have been having this problem as of late.

iTunesHelper wasn't running in the Activity Monitor, so I open the package and launched it. iTunesHelper does not show up in my Login items, How do I make it a start up process?

I tried clicking on the + icon and doing a search, but it wont show up. I also can't get the iTunes package to open in the dialogue.

WolverineGuy

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
Usually for me when this happens iTunes is hanging and will not open another instance of it, and I have to ctrl-alt-del kill it. Then it will open up

claidheamdanns

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
Memphis, TN
Adding items to your login process

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I have been having this problem as of late.

iTunesHelper wasn't running in the Activity Monitor, so I open the package and launched it. iTunesHelper does not show up in my Login items, How do I make it a start up process?

I tried clicking on the + icon and doing a search, but it wont show up. I also can't get the iTunes package to open in the dialogue.

I see no one answered your question, so here is how you do that for a package item.

Go to your login items window. But find the item in your Finder window per the instruction above, not through the add dialog in System prefs. Drag the item into the login items window. This works for any app, not just ones that are hidden inside packages.

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
I see no one answered your question, so here is how you do that for a package item.

Go to your login items window. But find the item in your Finder window per the instruction above, not through the add dialog in System prefs. Drag the item into the login items window. This works for any app, not just ones that are hidden inside packages.
That's a great tip. Many thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.