Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IGaro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Hello everyone

I am planning to go buy a MacBook Pro in Sweden but there is only one problem there is giving me a serious headache.

Since the new macbooks were announced at WWDC (huge) reduces in the prices have been a reality both in Sweden and Denmark (where I live).

But here for the last couple of days I have been very concerned about one thing. It unfortunately seems like the prices on the "older" models have been adjusted to be approximately the same for both of the countries, which I do not understand, because I was used to deal with savings of $280 (1500 DKK) when travelling to sweden (of course before the WWDC announcement).

My question is now: Does anyone of you have any kind of knowledge about how Apple is pricing their products? Is their some kind of "global pricing"?

Right now it seems like the prices for the upcoming macbook pro's (we have not received them yet) are going to be the same, at least if you compare the retailers in Denmark with the swedish Apple store (I have not been able to find prices of Swedish retailers yet - these are the ones I am worried about).

IGaro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2009
Danish prices

By the way, if anyone are interested knowing how much this machine costs in Denmark, shipped from the Apple Store, I have found a price:

MacBook Pro 15" (MB985) 13,999 DKK = 2632.97 USD

That is a total difference of 2632.97-1999 = 633.97 USD :eek:

Damn! :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.