Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cwnj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Hi,

Our Graphics Dept have decided to change to Mac's and I have no experience with them. We have a Intel Mac Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.5. I have installed VM Fusion and created a Windows XP Virtual machine for all the windows stuff and Installed a third party netware client (from prosoft) for them to access the network drives. All is working well enough except for one printer problem.

We have a Xerox Docucolor 7000. I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers ( Mac OS X Universal Binary Print Driver 6.0.3 (303) ). I have added the printer using IPP protocol and added the correct queue name DSP7000_HOLD using the installed driver.

When user sends a job to the printer the Mac queue changes to "Printer Paused" and the job remains in the queue however the job does get sent to printer as we can see it in the DSP7000_HOLD queue and we can print it successfully. If the user wants to send another job to the printer they first have to manually delete the job from the Mac queue and click "Resume Printer" before they can send another job. I have noticed that if they select "Resume Printer" while the job is still in the queue it sends the job to the printer (DSP7000_HOLD) again.

I have deleted the PPD's and reinstalled the driver but the problem remains.

I have also contacted Xerox and they stated that they have successfully tested the driver on the same ver of Mac OS X with the same printer (and firmware ver)

Any ideas? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.