Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

00marks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
This problem seems different to previous threads about youtube so I'm creating a new thread.

I've updated my ipod touch (1G) to version 3 and now get the error "The server is not correctly configured" when I try to play a youtube video.

youtube.png

I've tried re-syncing my ipod but that makes no difference. Also it makes no difference whether or not I'm logged into youtube.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
I fixed this problem on my iPod Touch 2g by plugging it into my computer, so that its name appears in iTunes under devices.

Then, instead of syncing, while the iPod is plugged in, just go to the youtube app...

It worked for me, so i hope this helps.

00marks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I fixed this problem on my iPod Touch 2g by plugging it into my computer, so that its name appears in iTunes under devices.

Then, instead of syncing, while the iPod is plugged in, just go to the youtube app...

It worked for me, so i hope this helps.

Well I tried it and it didn't work on my 1g. I still get the "The server is not correctly configured" message. Note I can search for videos on youtube and this message comes up whenever you try to play the videos.

I've even tried a restore (and then restore from backup) but that made no difference.

Is anyone else getting this error message? Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks.

polaris20

macrumors 68020
Jul 13, 2008
I've got the same problem. Also, the web doesn't seem as responsive as before either.

heliox8614

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
This problem seems different to previous threads about youtube so I'm creating a new thread.

I've updated my ipod touch (1G) to version 3 and now get the error "The server is not correctly configured" when I try to play a youtube video.

youtube.png

I've tried re-syncing my ipod but that makes no difference. Also it makes no difference whether or not I'm logged into youtube.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Wow... I never would've thought that I'd overlook such a simple solution, but I did. I saw it recommended in another thread, and tried it out after a particularly hard palm to forehead smack. Doiii...
A hard reset worked for me... lol

AliS

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
This is the exact problem I have. I did a hard reset and restored my settings. It's still not working. :( This is my first apple device, so I'm not very tech-savy with it. Are there any other suggestions for this? :apple:

bhaveshsanghani

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2009
Problem with writing video file in output stream + IPod

Hi

I have asp.net website for handheld devices.

When an MP4 request comes from iphone device, I would like to play that file on Iphone.

For that I have created an Custom Handler for .mp4 requests.
>> If a user is authorized to view that file then I am writing that file to output stream.
>> else directly exit from custom handler without serving file to user.

The isssue is that when I click on link for MP4 files then It gives me an error that " server is not properly configured.". Although it works fine when I remove that handler and directly requesting file from IPhone/ Ipod safari browser.

Please help

Thanks
Bhavesh Sanghani

Danos123

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
Found a FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had this same problem when i updated to the 3.x firmware and i recently found a way to fix it. it does require you to jailbreak but it is the only way i have found that doesn't require contacting your ISP.
Once you jailbreak you need to install yxflash from cydia(pay for it or get a cracked free copy from the sinful iphone source). this worked on my iphone however not on my ipod touch.

if yxflash doesn't work install (from sinfuliphone soucre) push doctor, push fix, youtube fix (it is called something along thoes lines.
enjoy youtube on ur iphone.

Dan

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.