Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 1, 2009, 04:44 AM   #1
spiderbiz
macrumors newbie

Apple Logo stuck on iphone screen - cannot restore

I recently upgraded my iphone to 3.0. Then used redsn0w-mac_0.7.2 to jailbreak it. No problem doing that. My phone worked great.

Yesterday I added an app or two from Icy and had never rebooted my phone after that until later in the day.

Once I completely turned off my iphone - it came back with the white Apple logo and has never gone away since.

Now I cannot restore in iTunes. Cannot do anything.

Itunes reports that I have the wrong firmware but when I point to my restore point ipsw file using the option button - restore in iTunes ( I have a macbook ) - it will not read any of my restore points.

I have read everywhere I can and tried everything I know but I still am locked up. Nothing seems to help.

I want to wipe out my entire iphone and start over.

I have good backups so I can get all my apps back but I can't even get there now.

Please help if you can.

Email me if you want to - I am desperate here.

Greg
spiderbiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2009, 06:48 AM   #2
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Follow this vid to get the phone into DFU mode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

Connect it to iTunes, use option restore to get to the stock 3.0 firmware file. You can get that here if you need to:
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750

Use RedSn0w again.

Restore from backup after running RedSn0w.

Hope that works for you.
Moi un Mouton is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting